Vellore – 632 014, Tamil Nadu,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.vit.ac.in
VIT University Engineering Entrance Exam Dates Notification 2014 : VITEEE 2014 is the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the VIT University for the engineering degree courses at its campus.
Eligibility Criteria : Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized Board or Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board or High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced (A) level General Certificate Education (GCE) examination
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology (50% for SC/ST and candidates from Northeast and Jammu Kashmir)
- Candidates must be born on or after 1 July 1992 to be eligible.
Selection Process : Candidates must have qualified in the VITEEE 2014 to be eligible for admissions.
- The total number of questions will be 160 divided into four sections with 40 questions each for one mark.
- The duration of VITEEE 2014 is 2.5 hours.
- Candidates may note that there is no negative marking for VITEEE 2014.
- Institute has a rigorous selection procedure to admit the students into various programmes
- An exclusive entrance examination for all B.Tech programmes, Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE), is conducted for all those aspiring for a career in engineering
B.Tech (Vellore) : Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical (Spec in Automotive Engineering), Mechanical (Spec in Chemical Process Engineering), Mechanical (Spec in Energy Engineering)
B.Tech (Chennai) : Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Nationality : The applicant for admission should be a Resident/Non Resident Indian National
Educational Qualification : Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2014 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2014, in any one of the following qualifying examinations
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi); the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi)
- Intermediate or two year pre-university examination conducted by a recognized board/university
- High school certificate examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- General certificate education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full time and formal education are alone eligible to apply
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2014 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate)
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 13 B.Tech degree programmes
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible only for B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School/SSC/Xth certificate will be considered authentic
Admission Process : The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2014, conducted by VIT University
All questions will be of objective type
- Part-I-Physics; Part-II-Chemistry; Part-III-Mathematics/Biology
- No negative marks for wrong answers
Test Cities : Andaman and Nicobar Islands (Port Blair), Andhra Pradesh (Ananthapur, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam, Warangal), Arunachal Pradesh (Ita Nagar), Assam (Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar), Bihar (Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna), Chandigarh (Chandigarh), Delhi (Delhi), Goa (Goa), Gujarat (Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara), Haryana (Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hissar, Kurukshetra), Himachal Pradesh (Dharmasala, Shimla), Jammu and Kashmir (Jammu, Srinagar), Jharkhand (Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi), Karnataka (Bangalore, Hubli, Mangalore), Kerala (Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Ujjain), Maharashtra (Amravati, Aurangabad, Latur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane), Manipur (Imphal), Meghalaya (Shillong), Mizoram (Aizwal), Orissa (Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Rourkela), Puducherry (Puducherry), Punjab (Amritsar, Bathinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana), Rajasthan (Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur), Sikkim (Gangtok), Tamil Nadu (Chennai, Coimbatore, Kumbakonam, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore), Tripura (Agartala), Uttar Pradesh (Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Noida, Rae Bareli, Saharanpur, Varanasi), Uttarakhand (Dehradun, Pant Nagar, Roorkee), West Bengal (Asansol, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri), Abroad (Dubai, Kuwait)
E-Admit Card : The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the online test booking system
- The e-Admit card will be auto generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the online test booking system before the last date
How to Apply
- Online : Candidates can apply online, submit the application, take a printout and send the confirmation page to the university.
- Offline : Applications are available at select post offices /candidates can write to the University with an application request letter/ candidates can purchase the application at the university counter.
- Rs.925 for applying online and Rs.975 for applying offline
- VITEEE 2014 Application fee can be paid via: Online through credit/debit card OR Offline through DD drawn in favour of VIT University’ payable at Vellore to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore
- Last date for receipt of application: 28th Feb, 2014
- Test Date: 9th Apr to 20th Apr 2014